SEAMOSS (full spectrum)
Our 100% organic Seamoss is wildcrafted and imported from the ocean in St.Lucia.
WHAT IS SEAMOSS?
Seamoss (Genus Gracilaria, not to be confused with Chrondrus Crispus) is a genus of red algae known for it's high nutrient content, immune boosting abilities and is considered as a superfood. It typically grows on both rocks and ropes in the ocean.
- Improves and promotes hair, skin + nail health
- 92 out of the 102 minerals your body needs
- Immune booster
- Promotes weight loss
- Anti Inflammatory
- Promotes collagen production (vegan)
- High in Idione + calcium
- Fights against oxidative stress
- Removes excess mucus from the body
- Promotes thyroid + heart health
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Improve libido
- Purple Seamoss contains anthocyanin's which is a powerful antioxidant that is linked to a healthy heart, strong bones, reduce inflammation + protect against certain types of cancers.
- Green Seamoss is high in chlorophyll which helps heal the skin and reduces bacteria in wounds which in return can also treat acne conditions. Also acts as a natural body deodorizer + detoxifier.
* Full spectrum contains all three(3) of the seamoss's. (gold, green + purple)
HOW TO USE
To consume seamoss is it prepared into a gel form which can be consumed on its own or by adding to smoothies, protein shakes, teas and juices. It can also be used as a face mask or hair mask. To prepare it into a gel follow the directions below:
1) CLEAN SEAMOSS
In a large bowl add purified water (bottled fluoride free, tap water contains too many chemicals) and gently massage your seamoss removing sea salt and any sea debris. Drain + repeat if needed.
Tip: If you find it smells 'fishy' use fresh lime juice to remove the odour. ( Remember this is a ocean product)
2) SOAK IT
Cover the Seamoss with fresh purified water and let is soak for 12-24 hours. (save the water for the next step)
After the Seamoss has soaked overnight add it to the blender and only a little of the remaining water to start. Add more depending on the consistency you like. You want it to resemble a gel/applesauce like consistency. Blend until smooth then refrigerate.
*Seamoss will begin to thicken after 2 hours
4) STORE IT
Store your gel in a airtight container.
1 MONTH in refrigerator
3 MONTHS in freezer.
DRIED RAW SEAMOSS lasts:
Store up to 1 year in airtight container in dark place.
Recommendations: Freeze in ice cube trays for smoothies
We recommend 1 tbsp of gel per day to start, and up too 2 tbsp/day for regular dosing.
* Due to high levels of iodine and calcium we do not recommend taking more then the recommended dosage. Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.